US DAIS ITA Research Showcase
14th September 2021
At this event, research and technology transitions from the U.S. – UK Distributed Analytics & Information Science International Technology Alliance (DAIS ITA) program was presented to leaders, stakeholders and partners to demonstrate future military war-fighting concepts and capabilities, and to facilitate potential transitions to future applied research, experimentation, and demonstration programs.
The DAIS ITA brings together U.S. and UK government, industry and academic scientists and engineers to perform foundational, cross-cutting research to enable capabilities for future coalition operations:
- Distributed, dynamic, resilient, secure networking infrastructures that adapts to dynamic missions & context with limited burden on the Soldier
- Distributed analytics among coalition partners, that rapidly learns, adapts, & reasons faster than the enemy
- Distributed reasoning & machine learning in dynamic & contested environments for assured multi-domain operations
Presentations and demonstrations were pre-recorded and can be viewed asynchronously where linked below. Q&A and other discussion during the event were not recorded.
|Time (U.S. Eastern)||Session|
|9.10||Program Overview Video|
|9.45||Demonstration Session (see below)|
- Control Plane Architecture of Software Defined Coalitions - Video - Background information presented by Leandros Tassiulas, Yale University, Don Towsley, University of Massachusetts Amherst & Kevin Chan, ARL
- Vector Symbolic Architectures - Distributed & Dynamic Workflow Execution - Video - Background information presented by Graham Bent, IBM UK & Kevin Chan, ARL
- Federated Learning in a Resource Constrained Networked Environment - Video - Background information presented by Shiqiang Wang, IBM US & Kevin Chan, ARL
- Advancing Artificial Intelligence with Neural-Symbolic Learning and its Application to Generative Policies in Distributed Coalition Operations - Video - Background information presented by Alessandra Russo, Imperial College London, Dan Cunnington, IBM UK & Lance Kaplan, ARL
- Adversarial Domain Adaptation Learning for Accelerating Artificial Intelligence Based Military Solutions - Video - Background information presented by Elisa Bertino, Purdue University & Lance Kaplan, ARL
- Real-Time Explainable Artificial Intelligence: Time-Series and Multi-Modal Data - Video - Background information presented by Alun Preece, Cardiff University, Dave Braines, IBM UK Lance Kaplan, ARL
- Adapting Artificial Intelligence Systems to Recognize New Patterns of Distributed Activity - Video - Background information presented by Alun Preece, Cardiff University, Dave Braines, IBM UK & Lance Kaplan, ARL
Break: 12.00 – 13.00 U.S. Eastern Time
Presentations and demonstrations will be pre-recorded and can be viewed asynchronously where linked below. Q&A and other discussion during the event will not be recorded.
Technical Session: Research Overview
|Time (U.S. Eastern)||Session||Presented by / Subject Matter Expert|
|13.00||Overview of Achievement Cluster Groupings||
|14.00-16.00||Breakout Sessions for Discussions / Q&A
All DAIS ITA Research highlights, publications, demos, and presentations can be viewed asynchronously at the DAIS ITA Legacy Site.